Apologies for the delay, this was meant to be out last week. Here are the finalists for Best Blog, Photo Blog, Blog Post and Humourous Post
Best Blog Finalists
- Bock The Robber
- Ice Cream Ireland
- Maman Poulet
- On The Record
- Twenty Major
- Irish Flirty Something
Best Photo Blog Finalists
- North Atlantic Skyline
- I Take Photees
- In Photos
- Red Mum
- Winds and Breezes
- Krystian Kozerawski Photoblog
Best Blog Post Finalists:
- Swearing Lady – Muppet shooting season
- That’s Ireland – Fianna Fail’s Fifty Ways to Laugh at Voters
- Fustar – To Whom it Concernsâ€¦ It’s The Manky Toy Show (Live)!
- Fatmammycat.com – Fox hunting, horses and a girl’s awakening
- FakeEmpire: Why Katy will change everything. And nothing.
- Cheebah – A complex webb
- Twenty Major – Dickheads of the year
- Flirty Something: Let down your fair hair
- Music Road – Irish music, Irish landscape
- Balrog – Sinn Fein, what went wrong
Most Humourous Post Finalists:
- Avoiding Life One Post at a Time – Open Letter to an Irish Housing Estate Builder/Developer
- Twenty Major – Tonightâ€™s Debate
- For Nine Pounds An Analogue Blog – He Alone is an Acute Observerâ€¦..
- Fatmammycat – A Pot-filled Sunday of Motherly Confusion
- One for the Road – Why Do We Pay a License Fee Again?
- Manuel Stimulation – J is for JESUS!!!
- Bock The Robber – Bertieâ€™s Parallel Universe
- Primal Sneeze – Banking Buddies
- Irish Flirty Something – Handyman
- Arse End of Ireland – Hello? Iâ€™m On a Blog! A BLOG!
OMG! ME! I don’t believe it. Now Elly look what you got me into, all because of a favour!
Thank you everyone and I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
wow! delira and also very surprised! but delira!
No Caitriona.net? I’m shocked and appalled!
> No Caitriona.net? Iâ€™m shocked and appalled!
(sniff!!) me too!! ah well, i’ll still be there to support the da and i can impartially root for other photobloggers now!
Ah well, it was nice while it lasted (long listed then short listed) and I too will be coming along to support my fellow photo bloggers.
I too am surprised by caitriona.net omission
Oh wow! I didn’t realise the short-list was going to be shortened again. Caitriona…I’m shocked, and Darren! I’m sorry not to see you on the list, I’ve been loving your photographs lately.
Expected to be shown the door in Best Blog (the competition was too hot to handle…without very thick asbestos gloves), but delirah to still be in the hunt for Best Post.
Oh and put my name down for “shocked and appalled” RE: Caitriona. We look forward to hangin’ with her on the dance floor again in any case.
Well that has come as a massive suprise to have made the finals, Catriona I too cannot believe you have not made the cut, I am amazed, although to be honest this category has suprised me all through the judging, even as far as with some of the folk who never even made the shortlist.
Cant wait to meet you all again on Saturday with the cameras at the ready, Claire I think its about time also that our paths cross.
As I recall, Jess and I sat (like big durty imposters) at the lovely “photographers table” for much of the night last year. Lots of flash gear was in evidence. Our Fuji Finepix cheapo snapper felt a bit out of its depth.
Did you not get the urge after seeing all of Ryans gear to go out and spend 10 grand on some camera gear, I hope to see you outdo his gear this year.
I plan to go even more embarrassingly low tech this year by plonking a Boots disposable camera up on the table.
“It’s awful handy for the ould snaps lads”.
Who’s for pints?
Looks like a missing ” in Gingerpixel’s link. Nice to see I made the finals!
You lot are fucking bonkers. Don’t you know I’ve not been ag blogÃ il in months?
Ah still though. I feel something warm and fuzzy in my belly. Either I’m pregnant with a hariry baby or I’m actually happy. If it wasn’t for these damn contractions…
Is very nice to be shortlisted also a second time. Thank you to the judges. Jesus will be very pleased.
Tell me Bock the Robber please where you are drinking. I am flying in from Las Canarias on Thursday night, sleeping over in Spanish Embassy. Is there tapas?
@Bock: Depends if you will have your heavies at the gig this year??
heh! who needs nominations when ppl are shocked and apalled (thanks peeps)
pints & dancing – deffo!!
Further to my comment above, I’m equally as shocked (but not nearly as appalled) that my own blog made it to the final list. Also quite disappointed not to see Darren there. Assumed that was a certainty.
No heavies this year. I’m planning to try out my new, caring side.
It won’t last.
New caring side?? Is there another side? Sure you can buy me a pint and tell me alllll about it.
Where ist the award for “Views from the Emerald Island”? The entries are most interesting, really well written and incredibly qualitative.