While we (incl me) await the Short List (Jason needs to unlock it and is away this weekend) here are some facts about the night itself. Whether you make the short list or not, do please come along as if it is as good as last year it’ll be fun.
- The Blog Awards are on March 3rd, in the Alexander Hotel Dublin.
- There’s room for up to 400 people. It’d be great if we reach capacity. It is not invite only
- Doors open at 1900 and the event begins at 1930.
- The bar is open until 1230 that night.
- After the ceremony there will be a DJ to entertain us til the wee hours.
- It is not black tie (but see below) and it is theatre style i.e. no tables, just chairs.
- We have an official photographer, podcaster and sound engineer.
- The entrance fee is just 5 euros and remember all door takings go to Brainwave, the Irish Epilepsy Association of which Rick O’Shea is a patron, so if you want to pay more than a fiver, go right ahead.
- We’ll provide you with a pen and a sticker for nametags but create and bring your own if you want.
- Why not get some Moo cards printed for the night?
- Yes, we will be looking for ushers/helpers on the night.
Any other questions about the night itself?